Alternative and Holistic Health
With a wide range of alternative and holistic therapy options, Empowering Wellness is ready to guide you through the healing process.
Hot Stone Massage
Hot Stone MassageDuration: 1-2 hr
Hot stone massage uses heated stones to provide a deeply relaxing experience that helps relax sore muscles.
Anyone who has ever had the pleasure of a hot stone massage knows the intense feeling of relaxation it provides. But did you know that there are long term, lasting benefits of hot stone massage?
Hot stone massage is good for those who have cold feet and also for those who have muscle tension. The heat of the stones relaxes sore muscles, allowing the masseuse or masseur to work the muscles without using mush or deep pressure.
- Helps with back pain and aches
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps in arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Releases stress, tension and anxiety
- Increases metabolism
- Improves sleep by treating insomnia
- Relaxes the body as well as the mind
- Increases your flexibility
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves concentration
A hot stone massage combines thermotherapy with massage techniques to provide an effective healing therapy. The use of natural basalt stones in conjunction with massage uses powerful earth energies to help the patient heal. Heat from basalt stones also has the benefit of geomagnetism from an Earth source, which has a balancing and healing effect on our systems.
For those who haven’t had the pleasure of having a hot stone massage: it consists of both cold marble and hot basalt stones placed in a formation under your back and on all of your chakra centres. Hot stones are also used as a massage tool. The localized placement of heat on a particular area increases circulation of fluids, and can assist in alleviating organ congestion and may even dissolve masses.
When placed along meridian points, they can assist in removing energy blockages that lead to the development of disease and illness. When used to massage the hot stones reduce swelling and pain and stimulates lymphatic drainage. The contrast of hot and cold temperatures forces the muscles to dilate and contract and this creates a pumping action for moving fresh fluids through muscle tissue and spaces in the joints. This creates a powerful detoxifying and invigorating treatment.
The benefits of hot stone massage include both medicinal and subtle energy benefits. They can be placed to treat organs or muscular tissue or placed for chakra balancing. It is a unique way to use Mother Earth in a massage to bring about balance to your client’s emotional, physical and spirtual being… Hold a stone. Who does it remind you of?
Hot stone massage is one of the best ways to take a break and seen by a lot of people not as a luxury, but as a necessity to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are the top 10 benefits of hot stone massage.
- A good way to manage stress. Studies show that stress is the number one root of a lot of diseases and disorders. Whether it’s stress from work, home or daily activities, the result is the same: too much stress can lead to health problems. And because we can never run away from it, the only way to deal with it is to manage stress efficiently. A hot stone massage offers some relaxing time for your mind and does wonders in releasing muscular tension. Thus this is one of the best ways to relieve you of stress.
- Effective in muscle relaxation. The heat in the stones is effective in enabling the muscles to loosen up and relax and increases range of motion in joint movement. This makes it easier for deep tissue manipulation.
- Improves health conditions. More and more doctors are beginning to recommend this therapy as part of medical treatment of a lot of health problems such as Arthritis, Fibromylagia, Hypertension and musculoskeletal problems.
- Allows better sleep. It’s really hard to get a good quality sleep when you’re over-fatigued. With the relaxation you get from this therapy, it makes it easier for you to doze off into a deep sleep which your body needs to recuperate from daily fatigue. This is why people who have Insomnia are often advised to get this therapy.
- Relieves pain. Manipulation of muscles can significantly reduce muscle spasms and give comfort to painful muscles, so those who suffer from back pain or muscle aches often go for this therapy.
- Improves blood circulation and flow of energy. The stones are placed on key points of your body known as energy centres which are sometimes clogged or blocked.
- Allows for easy rehabilitation. Massage can facilitate easy recovery from injuries such as sprains.
- Releases toxins from your body. When muscles are massaged, toxins that are clogged within are released. It relaxes the colon for better elimination and detoxifies blood with sweating much the same as a sauna. It decongests the liver by relaxing the ducts. This is why it’s advised that clients drink plenty of water after a session to help flush out those unhealthy and unwanted toxins.
- Increases lymphatic drainage and cleansing.
- Gives you a happy feeling. A calming and soothing massage can do wonders in giving you an emotional boost, leaving you with a happier and more positive outlook in life.
Taking a break from work and from life is truly a necessity that most people overlook . Just being able to give yourself some down time to unwind and relax is a healthy habit that shouldn’t be overlooked and Hot Stone Massage is the ultimate relaxation treatment!